The Ultimate Australian Family Vacation
From Far North Queensland to New South Wales, from the sands of the Outback to the crystalline waters of the Great Barrier Reef, from a day at a wildlife sanctuary to a night under the stars, and from the young to the young at heart, every member of your family is sure to never forget this ultimate Australian vacation.
Customize This Trip For Me
Most tours are customized for private travel.
TOP 5 UNIQUE EXPERIENCES
- Be a Keeper for a Day at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, where you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most unforgettable species of Australian wildlife and learn about the Sanctuary’s impressive conservation and rehabilitation efforts
- Revel in the wildlife at Kangaroo Island, from the cute and cuddly koalas climbing eucalyptus trees to kangaroos grazing in the wide fields, and take a walk alongside a colony of rare and gorgeous Australian sea lions
- Go glamping in the Outback at Kangaluna, where you’ll sleep under the stars, enjoy an authentic bush dinner and experience the wildlife of the Australian Outback
- Spend some time in the sea with bottlenose dolphins and Australian sea lions in Baird Bay, enjoying their intimate company as you swim right next to these marvelous mammals
- Volunteer at the Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre in Cairns, where you’ll learn about the struggles facing these beautiful animals and discover the work of the people dedicated to helping them survive
- Begin your adventures in Sydney, named “World’s Best City” by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure readers a staggering sixteen years in a row, where you’ll get an in-depth look at the city astride a bicycle and learn to surf at world-famous Bondi Beach
- Visit Tasmania, an island state with some of the most eye-catching landscapes on Earth, where you’ll spend your nights in a restored 1930s house that is the epitome of Aussie hospitality
- Cruise the coast of the Tasman Peninsula, where you’ll witness stunning scenery and diverse wildlife, before setting ashore at Port Arthur and touring the former penal colony at the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Revel in the otherworldly grandeur of Lake Gairdner National Park, filled with vibrant colors and scintillating scenery stretching as wide as can be imagined
- Stop by Adelaide, the capital of South Australia and one of the best cities to live in in the country, where the carefully planned streets provide a perfect contrast to the sprawling expanse of nature just on the horizon
- Take a full day to discover the Great Barrier Reef, an awe-inspiring monument to the magnificent might of nature
TRIP AT A GLANCE
(Day 1) Los Angeles—Departure for the Land Down Under
(Day 2) In Transit —International Date Line
(Day 3) Sydney — Arrival in Spectacular Sydney
(Day 4) Sydney —Unique and Unforgettable Tour of Sydney
(Day 5) Sydney —Learn to Surf at Bondi Beach
(Day 6) Sydney to Hobart — Flight to Tasmania
(Day 7) Tasmania— Keeper for a Day at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
(Day 8) Tasmania— Cruising the Coast and a Visit to Port Arthur
(Day 9) Tasmania to Kingscote— Setting Out for South Australia
(Day 10) Kingscote— Discovering Kangaroo Island
(Day 11) Kingscote to Adelaide— Visit a Eucalyptus Distillery and Ferry to the Mainland
(Day 12) Adelaide to Port Lincoln — Camping in Style in the Outback
(Day 13) Lake Gairdner — Experience the Wonder and Wildlife
(Day 14) Baird Bay— Dive with Dolphins and Swim with Sea Lions
(Day 15) Port Lincoln to Cairns— Travel to Queensland
(Day 16) Cairns— Explore the Incomparable Great Barrier Reef)
(Day 17) Cairns— Save Sea Turtles at a Local and Important Rehab Center
(Day 18) Cairns— Returning Home
There is simply no country on Earth like Australia: from sophisticated cities like Sydney, Cairns and Adelaide to the marvels of nature on sea and land, from the friendly and inviting people to the iconic animals that call it home, a trip to Australia is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As one of Zicasso’s 5 year anniversary signature tours, this trip is designed to deliver an authentic Australian experience and give travelers special access to Australia’s finest attractions and natural wonders.
For 15 days, you’ll live as you’ve never imagined, touring splendid streets and engaging with wildlife in a way that is both memorable and meaningful, bringing your family closer together in a land that is a world apart.
We’ve carefully selected five premium activities that are sure to delight your senses and stir your passions, activities that will bring you closer to authentic Australian life as well as the world around us, and activities that will stay with your family for generations. You’ll serve as an honorary Keeper for a Day at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in Tasmania, swim with sea lions at Baird Bay, get a first-hand look at some of Australia’s most famous residents at Kangaroo Island, help save sick and injured sea turtles at the groundbreaking Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Center, and even do some “glamping” at a luxurious campsite in the heart of the Australian Outback. And did we mention the three days in sparkling Sydney, a cruise along the untrammeled coast of the Tasman Peninsula and a daylong exploration of the legendary Great Barrier Reef?
An entrancing country of ebullient people and insatiable charm is waiting for your family to make their memories here, anxious to offer all of the sights, sounds and sensations that will bond you in a way you never knew was possible. You’ll laugh together and learn together, discover new places and new people, and embark on journeys that will last a lifetime. If you’ve been looking for that perfect family vacation, the one that you’ll talk about at the dinner table for years to come, look no further: it can all be found in Australia.
- Cultural Activities / Beaches / Cruise Excursions / Walking Tours / Biking Tours / Ecotourism / National Park / Reserve / Nature / Outdoor Adventures / Safari / Wildlife / Surfing
- Family Vacations / Outdoor Adventures
- Leisure / Spectacular Scenery